Monday, September 21, 2009

A Costly Win

I have to imagine that Donte Whitner made a deal with the Devil before Sundays game against the Buccaneers. Whitner, a Safety for the Bills, has been a solid player over his 3 years, but has not really lived up to the hype of the #8 pick out of THE Ohio State University. Then again, most critics bashed the pick because no one thought he would go that high. I am pretty sure the Bills strategy was that Michael Huff was taken a few picks earlier by the Raiders, and he was the next best. Well Huff and Whitner, 3 years later, are starting to play. Huff has 3 INTs on the year andWhitner had a pick 6 against the Buccs for his first NFL Touchdown.

Why I bring up the deal with the Devil is because Whitner's home in Hamburg, NY was just robbed for $400K. This is the 2nd straight week a Bills player will come home from a game and find their house messed with. I can't wait to see who gets picked on next week. The funny thing is, both McKelvin last week and Whitner this week don't want to press charges. If I lived in the Buffalo area I would just hope the trend continues and wreak havoc with no concequences.

The conversation with the Devil must have gone like this:

Whitner: "Please Satan, I was caught crying at the press conference last week, I just can't bare another loss. Can you please let us win, and maybe can I even do something good, like make an impact play for the firs time in my career."

Devil: "Well Donte, even I have a hard time gauranteeing a win out of the Buffalo Bills. It is going to cost you quite a pretty penny...."

Whinter: "Please Satan, I swear I will do anything!"

Devil: "Fine! The Bills will win and you will get an INT. In return you will allow one of my devil children to steal your jewerly while at the stadium."

Whitner: "Deal, I have so much of my rookie bonus tied up in Jewerly that they can take as much as they want. God knows I have spend atleast 2Million in bling for me and my boyz....any chance you can muster up an Interception return?"

Devil: :Ughhh fine, just don't press charges...and I am going to injure Derek Schouman, Brad Butler, Leodis McKelvin, and Shawn Nelson."

Whitner: "Yout got a deal."


End Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment