Thursday, September 24, 2009

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets


I can't say I really admit to liking either the Pats, Jets, or Phins...in fact I pretty much hate all three teams. I root for them to lose every week and there are hardly any players I like on the teams just because they are AFC East foes. I will say this though...the Jets are a pretty likable group of guys right now in my opinion. I kinda like a team that just talks trash...and so far (though the season is young) they are backing it up.

Many teams have tried to punk the Patriots calling out Bellicheck, Brady, and Crew. We all remember Anthony Smith of the Steelers calling them out and then getting burned for not one, but two TD scores if memory serves correct.

I love it when players and coaches don't just speak straight X's and O's and actually have an opinion. Granted, once the Jet's start talking about the Bills I will hate their guts, but in the meant time okay. Trash Talk is great for the NFL and it shows that some players and teams still care about Ws and Ls as opposed to cashing a paycheck and hugging their friends at midfield after the game.

Before the game started we had Kerry Rhodes saying they wanted to embarrass the Patriots team and we had Bart Scott coming out and saying they were going to kill Brady fine or no fine. That is classic. Even Rex Ryan got into the act a bit when he talked about they were a team that needed to be respected. Not a better way for a rookie head coach to go out and yap then to get the team fired up and behind him. Better than a Dick Jauron press conference that plays out the same way every time..."We missed some opportunities, hats off to Team "X" they are a good football team."

Just recently Bart Scott Fired another missile in the direction of Randy Moss...


"I hear the easy cop out by Randy Moss, saying that anybody can guard ... that 'I can play cornerback if I had safety help,'" Scott said. "That was a one-on-one jump ball. I think sometimes you've just got to give the man his credit, understand that [Revis] was the better man that day.

"That doesn’t take from the fact that Randy Moss is a great receiver in this league. But give the kid his due. Next time it'll [be] another chance to go out and do it again so [Moss] can't say the same thing.

"[Revis] shut him down. He intimidated him. Randy was coming across that middle real slow. Tell him to man up next time and come across the middle like a man if he wants to be a complete receiver."
So I still hate the Jets...but at least they bring some attitude which you have to respect.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to sound weird because the Jets were trash talking my team, I have to agree. I love the trash talking. I love the over top touchdown celebrations, anything that is crazy and spontaneous and in general for the benefit of the teams fan base or the NFL as whole should be supported. Obviously there are limits but as long as it football centered and not trying to overtly show someone up I think it should be embraced. I wont give the No-Fun-League too corporate run down but its characters like ocho and the jets that made the league back in the day, Al Davis, the steel curtain, the purple people eaters. This is lost today and the Jets are trying a revival. I just hope the patriots smack them in the mouth the next time. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Giants fan I am also embarrassed to agree. I can't help but like this Jets team. Part of it is because I have followed them year in and year out as my step-dad is a big fan and we get the games every week so I am forced to watch a lot...I thought it was pretty obvious that they built a very strong team investing all their draft picks into their front seven and their offensive line over the past couple years..with an at least average supporting cast of skill players the only thing that was going to hold this team back was a rookie QB. However, I also happened to believe Mark Sanchez was the best QB prospect since Carson Palmer. He was the clear-cut top prospect at any position and it was criminal that Matthew Stafford, or anyone else, was drafted before him in my eyes.

    In the end, Sanchez will probably keep this team from being a true contender, but in the next couple years this team will be very tough. Tannenbaum is a great GM and while I thought it was a mistake to release Mangini, I'm sure they had their reasons and Rex Ryan is looking like an excellent hire.

    ReplyDelete