Friday, September 18, 2009

Sunday Looming

We are all obviously waiting for Sunday to hit.

Let me remind you all...no team is as bad as they looked last week, and no team is as good as they looked the weak before. Here a couple thoughts on the upcoming games.

Carolina @ Atlanta
I like Carolina to bounce back here. Tough game on the road...though I will go based on my theory of the NFL is wacky. There is no way Carolina and Delhomme are THAT bad....right..?

Minnesota @ Detroit
Fairly impressed at Detroit last weekend vs the Saints. At least they through the ball around and put points up. Minnesota is too good, mainly Purple Jesus. Expect him to run for another 180 and 3tds against a porous Defense. Vikes all the way...

Cincy @ Green Bay
Cincy fresh off a devastating, and I mean devastating loss will travel to Lambeau to face a Packers team coming off a big Sunday night victory against the division rival Bears. I expect Green Bay to go 2-0 and get the W. Though Chad Ocho has tweeted that if he scores hes going for the Lambeau Leap...so lets all hope for that.

Houston at Tennessee.
Tough Opening Slate of games for the Texans going against a Jets and now Titans Defense. I expect Shaub and Johnson to hook up at least once, but Slaton could be in for another rough day as the Titans shut down the Steelers and Parker on the ground. Tennessee gets the Win.

Oakland at Kansas City
Both team impressed against good teams last weekend. Not sure if Matt Cassell will be playing this weekend, not sure if it matters. Should be a hard fought game and I don't know if I am sold on Oakland yet. They are probably the better team, but until Jmarc can start playing consistent football, I'll take the home team in Arrowhead.

New England @ Jets.
Let's hope both teams catch swine flu and they can't play. If that doesn't happen I am going with the Patriots. Patriots are better than they looked last Monday, and the Jets aren't that good. Why does Houston come in with so much hype every year. I swear the past 4 years they are everyone surprise playoff team then they play.500 ball.

New Orleans @ Philly
One of the best games of the weekend. Hopefully Mcnabb can go for Eagles fans, but Garcia is legit. I can't think of a better QB who has proven to be a winner get tossed aside as much as Jeff Garcia. Westbrook showed signs of life last week and Mccoy is a good spell. I like Philly at home, though we will see how this defense does against an offense like New Orleans.

St. Louis @ Washington
I expect this to be a Redskin victory as St. Louis looks to be terrible again. Though it appeared that way last year and the Rams upset them @ FedEx field. IF the skins lose this game people will be calling for Zorns job.

Arizona @ Jacksonville
I like Jacksonville here at home, though they have no home field advantage really. Zona is a pewch 9-7 team from last year who got hot. Warner is done, and Zona will have the west coast 1pm kickoff curse against them.

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo
Not only will Buffalo get the victory here, but if Fred Jackson has another game like last Monday, it will be awfully hard to not give this guy atleast 50% of the time in the backfield when Lynch gets back. Look for T.O and Evans to do some damage the way the Cowboys receivers did as I think Tampa will focus to much on stopping the screen that was so effective against the Pats.

Seattle @ San Fran
Yawn. Don't care. Seattle?

Pitt @ Chicago
Tough game, I like Chicago though. may be biased, but Cutler won't throw 4 picks every game. I think they will exploit the secondary the way the Titans did in the first half with Troy P. sidellined. Titans would have won that game if they still attacked in half 2.

Batlimore @ San Diego
Both teams won. Both have good defenses, and I guess both have good offenses now that Flacco and Rice seem to be the truth. LT not practicing this week...not a good sign as this was supposed to be his bounce back season. I like the Chargers still none the less.

Cleveland @ Denver.
Unreal game by the Broncos last week. I like them to roll again this week, let's hope Gus Johnson gets a chance to have another call like he did last weekend. Broncos are the pick.

Sunday Night Giants @ Dallas.
Hate both of these teams, but I will watch none the less just to hope at least 9 punts hit that stupid video screen that everyone won't stop talking about. As for the game, I guess I like the Cowboys...lot of people sleeping on them this year. This has been the least hyped this team has come into a season in quite some time.

Indy @ Miami
Indy here. Miami is primed for a fall back to earth season I think.

5 comments:

  1. really hope the redskins lose just so my afternoon drive gets funnier as crazier and crazier redskins fans call in...one reason i like living here, redskins fans get so hyped up just to be utterly deflated by years end... watching the roller coaster every year is very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. Redskins fans are really...really bad though. Every year they are convinced they have a Superbowl team. This team is not that talented and Jason Campbell is so bad.

    The morning/afternoon talk about redskins football is classic though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RAIDS get their first win of the season this week!!! Once again I get screwed out of the TV doubleheader and are forced to watch the Falcons. I wouldnt mind seeing the Eagles circus start putting up their big top. Kolb in the first half, then Garcia in the second half anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I was telling someone I think the bet is, NO first half (Kolb will be in), then bet the Eagles in the second half when Kolb should be in.

    St. Louis may get it done, but Washington will get going at some point. True on Zorn though.

    No way the Cowgirls beat the Giants. Going to get super ugly.

    I think the Bears will beat the Steelers too. I also think the Pack may lose to Cincy. They won't blitz Palmer like they did Cutler. If they do he will make them pay. Not sold on that defense being that good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green Bay's Defense is top 3 and Palmer is a has been. Atleast 3 picks. Cya Monday.

    ReplyDelete