Monday, September 14, 2009

B-B-B-B-B Biiillllllsss



Man it is good to have football back in our lives. I spent all of Saturday noon to midnight on the couch. Only to make my way to bed, wake up at 11 for pregame, and spend 1 pm to 12am on my couch again watching football. It was a tough weekend.

Mulldog gave you the breakdown of the weeks biggest stories. A couple other brief things to touch on before I go into my review of tonight's games.
  • Tampa Bay was extremely susceptible to the big play on Sunday, giving up long plays to not one, not two, but all three of the Cowboys receivers. Miles Austin, P Crayton, and Roy E. Williams all had some buck nasty long td's that did the Buccaneers in. It was however impressive and a feel good story to see Cadillac Williams back to form running hard after having both knees blown out already in his career. Let's see if he can run that hard all season.

  • Drew Brees. 6 tds. Legit. It was against the Lions I know, but 6 tds is 6 tds.

  • Jake Delhomme was re-upped this offseason with a guaranteed $20M. Looks like the Panthers wisely spent $4M per turnover...in the first game. 4 INTs, and a fumble lost. Jake was not able to bounce back from that horrid playoff performance.

  • Shocker of the week had to be KC hanging with Baltimore, in Baltimore, with no Cassel. Baltimore got a last second TD to widen the gap, but the game was down to the wire.


  • Breaking News. Brian Urlacher out for the season after breaking his right wrist. This guy was primed to come back healthy for the first time in two season. I really like this guy, and he is a great LB. It is a shame he can't stay on the field and be the menace he was early in his career. Tough loss for him and the Bears.


  • Defending NFC west champs looks awful on Sunday. Kurt Warner can't move, and I can't imagine the 49ers defense is that good that they should stifle Fitz and Boldin for most of the game like that.

Now on to tonight's game. It will be a doozy in New England Tonight. As far as Aaron Maybin is concerned he doesn't see it being a problem while he tweeted..."U gettin strait mayhem tonight wit no chaster. Lets Go!" Very promising....


I received a call from an unidentified Fredonia, NY source that Saturday night Eric Moulds and Lee Evans were patrolling the bars of SUNY Fredonia. Moulds was a common visitor over the course of my tenure at the school. I confirmed that Buffalo did not leave for NE until Sunday so the story checks out. Good to see our star receiver is out drinking and partying with 18 year olds before a huge game. I got a tip from another source out of Mulldogs camp that Moulds and Evans were there, and Evans was opening up on the game...Mulldog received a voicemail 3 am on Sunday from our source who had the following to share:

“Yo mull, whats up dude, its ____. You want gambling tips? I got gambling tips for you. Put the mortgage on the ****** Patriots against the Bills, and I got exactly the reason why you should do that. It is actually Sunday right now and yeah the Bills play the Patriots on Monday and I just met Lee Evans in Fredonia, ****** hammered, and I got a picture to prove it. he’s got to get on a plane or I think he said bus tomorrow. My brother talked to him on the phone and yeah. So yeah, put the mortgage against the Bills. Cause why the *** isn’t he in New England right now? And I swear on my mother like, he was here. Dude, unreal. Unreal. I met Eric Moulds, you know Eric Moulds. And I met ***** Lee Evans. So get at me. Later homie."

After receiving that voicemail Mulldog called his source back and he went on to say that Evans Quoted that Donte Whitner said "Tom Brady is looking weak....he will go on to expose us anyways."

All that being said, I like the Bills here. Patriots are 0-6 last 6 games they have been favored by double digits. I take the points, and I take the Bills Straight Up Money Line. Buffalo is obviously relaxed and not worried about the game. Why should they be. I have already ranted on the specifics on why they win. So just win baby.

Speaking of just win baby, the Raiiiiiders play tonight to. Should be a laugher as I expect LT to do his typical damage against the Raids (something like 26 tds in 15 games vs them). Mike and Mike will be calling the game so that should tell you what ESPN thinks of this match up. Can't wait for tonight. I will be at the Bills Bar in Georgetown rooting on my squad. Please don't get blown out. I can't take it anymore.

4 comments:

  1. Got the wrong upset for tonight.

    Raiders going to stun the Chargers, or at least hang with them. Revising my Raiders analysis I think they win 7-9 games.

    The Bills however, are going to get killed. I can't figure out whether they will lose by 20,30 or 40. Either way, I can't wait. Bills fans are so pewch. I'd say that doesn't include readers of the Pewch Revolution, but who am I kidding. Down with the Bills. I hope TO has no catches. I hope Tom Brady throws more TD's than Drew Brees. And most of all, I hope Lee Evans drops about 5 balls and breaks his leg so that they have to suit up crippled creeper Eric Moulds next week.

    And for all the Bills fans that told me over the past 5 years that my team should really be the Jersey Giants. YOUR STADIUM ISN'T EVEN IN BUFFALO. LET'S CALL THEM THE ORCHARD PARK BILLS. OR BETTER YET LET'S BLOW UP THE RALPH AND SEND THIS SORRY FRANCHISE TO TORONTO.

    And yes, I think the Giants are going to win the Super Bowl.

    Lastly, that Evans voicemail transcription is a cleaned up, abbreviated version. And it was received at 2:59 AM according to the Sprint lady.

    Enjoy your hope for the last few hours Bills fans, tomorrow you can wallow in your sorrows like you know you love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Quote Christopher Reeves aka Superman...

    "Once you choose hope, anything's possible."

    I choose hope. Superman doesn't lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superman isn't a Bills fan though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superman is dead. Bills are gonna get their asses kicked. Would be nice to see them lose on a 51 yard FG in the last seconds on monday night again.

    Raiders win tonight? No shot, and 7 wins? who the hell they gonna beat? They have to play the NFC East and the Chargers twice. Theres 6 losses already. Rex tell everyone what the raiders are really gonna do this year.

    Bills fans and Raiders fans get your nooses ready!

    ReplyDelete