Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dave Show From Forever Ago Now


Apparently I worked this show. Pops got us backstage actually.









Here is the set, got to see it up close and personal.














Drum set, host of the highlight of the show, unreal drum solo by Carter.




















Found this painting of LeRoi sitting on a box backstage.





This is all from Dave Matthews at Bethel Woods. My dad works there and was able to get us some tickets / backstage for a bit. Overall was a pretty legit show. Disappointed that it was pretty thin on the classics however, and there was an emphasis on the new stuff which I am both not that partial to and somewhat unfamiliar with. Sounded good however, Dave gave a pretty pimp entry walk and the drum solo was fire. Hard to be disappointed seeing Dave play at the same grounds that housed Woodstock (happy 40 years). Most interesting thing I can think of (it was a week and a half ago by now) is that my dad said Dave put on a helmet and some goggles and was ripping around the parking lot on a bicycle before the show with no one recognizing him..and he also claims he does that before every show.

Also my girlfriend was taping some girl doing her best Woodstock dance when some "Security Guard" woman said we couldn't tape it the band doesn't allow it. Interestingly, wikipedia claims Dave doesn't care about people taping his shows since he attributes much of his growth to college students swapping live footage.

I don't know who I believe but I know I trust anything Wikipedia says.

Lengthy weekend roundup in the morning and I'm sure we will have a Millman NV Blues Championship recap. Then again, I haven't heard from the Millman, think I might have even texted him and I'm beginning to believe inevitably that the Blues suffered defeat, and the Millman decided to end it. Have to love the dedication at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment