Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You Have the 1st Pick in the 2009 Draft:

Today we're going to do it a little different. Instead of giving you a star, we're going to give you your choice of the 2009 NBA Draft class. Blake Griffin, the consensus first overall pick is obviously who most would take, but an argument can be made for Ricky Rubio and Hasheem Thabeet .. and I suppose others could be argued.

Mulldog Marauders:
C: Emeke Okafor - Hate to use someone Millman used earlier but I want to make sure I have a solid defensive center to go along with Blake Griffin. With these two big guys the team should rebound a ton, and Okafor will block some shots. Lots of bulk down low.
PF: Blake Griffin - I hate him, I really do. He comes off as a whiny bitch to me. That said his college production was simply too good to ignore. He was the best player in the country (maybe Ty Lawson?) and holds the most NBA potential. He will rebound and has the athleticism to score around the rim. Not a good free throw shooter and I don't expect his transition to the NBA to be real smooth, but simply too good to pass up as much as I love Rubio.
SF: Thaddeus Young - Underrated player coming into his own. Can defend, get to the hoop, and not a terrible shooter either. Again developing an athletic team.
SG: Kevin Martin - The Western Carolina grad can simply fill it up, and that is what this team needs. Despite his pewch form, he can stroke it from deep with ease. A volume scorer on that terrible Kings team, Martin could shoot a little lower volume and raise his efficiency on this team - but would still be the primary scorer.
PG: Rajon Rondo - This assures that this team will rebound with any team in the league. Rondo is becoming a bigtime PG in the league but isn't up there with CP3, Williams, Nash, Billups just yet. Calderon arguably a better fit on this team, but I already used him. On top of that Rondo was gaining more and more confidence with his outside shot as the season went along and into the playoffs..I don't think it's necessarily a good thing if he starts taking more jumpers, but having the threat available will make it easier for him to get to the hoop where he is so good.
6th man: Boris Diaw - Here is a guy who can play and guard multiple positions. Good shooter and passer, would open up the floor for Martin and Griffin and can take some pressure off Rondo by running the offense through him at times.


With the first pick in the 2009 NBA Draft...the Millman's MonStars select....
JONNY FLYNN?! Wow a shocker out of coach millman, lets try to get a quick interview...

Jay Billas: Millman, though Flynn had an excellent career for Jimmy B, how can you justify taking him number one overall?
Millman: Bilas your pewch pal. My boy J Flynn is the truth and has a smile that can light up any town.
Bilas: Um I have a law degree I am not pewch
Millman: Pal, your pewch, Flynn is the pick.

Well you can see after that insightful interview I am going to have a team built around J Flynn.

Center: Etan Thomas will bring some serious strength inside with his 6 ppg average and huge 4.9 rebounds. Love the pick here.

PF: Hakeem Warrick. Any man who solidified the happiest moment in the millmans sad existence (get that crap outta here Keith Langford) deserves a shot on my team. Hakeem is actually a solid player and Memphis has given him more and more minutes once Gasol was inexplicably dumped for .30 cents on the dollar. His ability to run, defend the paint, and dunk will help my boy J flynn.

SF: Carmelo Anthony. Not going to take much time describing him since we all know how buck nasty he is. I know this bucks the "rules" of the game. But I am the GM, Coach, and Team captain so Melo stays.

SG: Gerry McNamara. Gerry makes a huge comeback from his stints overseas and in the NBDL and finally gets a shot in an nba uniform. If Chris Quinn is playing in the Leauge, then by god someone get Gmac in here. Johnny will love penetrating and hitting this assasin from downtown and he will relieve pressure of Carmelo.

PG: Jonny Flynn. Still depressed Johnny declared for the draft. There were some strong rumors he wanted to stay 4 years and I think if he came back the team would be a top 5 team (depending if bonehead Devendorf and Harris realized they should play another year). Flynn is going to be an electric point gaurd folks. I think we will be talking about him as one of the elite in the years to come.

6th man: Give me Darryl Mookie Watkins to add some size to this team and Demetrius Nichols coming off the bench for a spark.

So here is the thing, does this all SU Orange NBA squad do any damage in the NBA. Clearly their frontcourt struggles, but do Melo, J Flynn, and Warrick atleast make them competitive?

10 comments:

  1. Can I have Craig Forth buried on the end of the bech please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a tough decision for me to leave Forth off this team. I was going to have him and Billy Celuck share time at the Center spot, but I wanted to make this somewhat realistic. A Forth and Celuck front court would gaurantee an NBA Championship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you one thing. MSG will be erupting when J-Flynn goes off the board at #1. Can't wait until Knicks fans cut off Donnie Walsh's head despite his great job so far when he passes on Flynn (though Steph Curry is also a fan favorite, but if he takes someone else watch out).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright Millman, I'll allow that team, only if you can match my All-star Duke team,
    C- Sheldon Williams, because who the hell else am I going to use as a center.
    PF- Carlos BOOOOOOOOOZER!, just bring it inside melo, please.
    SF- Shane Battier, he's flopping every chance he gets, he'll accumulate more charges than Jonny flynn will assists.
    SG- JJ Redick, like I'm not going to start my favorite Dukie of all time at SG. He has strict instructions not to play defense at all but to sit baseline all day and throw up shots.
    PG- Chris Duhon, kind of limited with potential PGs here. Maybe Greg Paulas gets sick of SU and wants to come join these allstars. He can pick up Redicks dry cleaning and wipe Boozers ass.

    6th man- Luol Deng, would've been nice for him to stay a little longer than a year.
    Bench- Dahntay Jones(for the halftime slam dunk contests), Josh McRoberts(someone has to carry JJ Redick's hair gel for him), Gerald Henderson,very very saddened he left me:(

    Halftime show consists of Jay Bilas being hung from the rafters, Dick Vitale being crowd surfed by the cameron crazies, and replays of Dahntay Jones dunk highlights.

    All retard team: Craig Forth, Shavlik Randolph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I maintain that I would go to war with Josh McRoberts. And I hate Duke. McRoberts game, I don't care what anyone tells me, is good. He can board, he is such an underrated passer...just love his game, always have, always will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh McRoberts is such a terrible NBA talent. He is so soft, he'd get beat up by NBA 2 guards. Congrats, he has above average passing ability for a big. He cant score on common sense and has limited range. Worthless NBA player.

    Cuse team should walk to a win over that duke team as long as Billy Edelin plays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No walking allowed. At that speed shane battier will take a charge and were going the other way. I forgot to mention the highlight of the halftime show will be Jay Williams doing donuts in the parking lot. and Boheim v. Kryzewski in steal cage match. Biting is allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curt Billy Edelin was a strange bird, but a hell of a ball player. Was instrumental in SU's run. With his legal woes, academic problems, it was said him sail off into DIII obscurity when you can say he had NBA talent.

    Razzmunst the steel cage match should be a classic. Though I think Boheim and Coach K wouldn't attack but just sit there and whine and complain like they do on the end of the bench and at press conferences.

    Though Boheim did once go crazy on a microphone, so he holds the small edge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Boheim would just continue to refuse to go man-to-man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Boheim deserves some type of humanitarian award. It has to be damn near impossible to try and coach the likes of Eric Devendorf and Paul Harris on the same team. It was frustrating enough just to watch the both of them. If I were coaching you'd prolly find me at the bottom of the nearest cliff.

    ReplyDelete