Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quick Hits

* Denzel Washington is apparently Chad Ocho Cinco's new coach/psychologist. Ocho is apparently turning back to the fun loving player we have all grown to love over the past couple years instead of the whining complaining one we saw last year. “He got on me about the way I handled myself last off season,” Ochocinco recalled in a phone conversation last week. “He wasn’t being gentle. He said, ‘You know what? You need to straighten up and stop fussin’ about something you have no control over. Make it fun again because it sure looks better when you do it that way.’ That’s all I needed to hear, especially from somebody like him.” Is there a situation Denzel Washington can't handle? If he can turn around 85 from having another 53 reception season for 540 yards, then it may be his finest work yet.
*Sticking on the Bengal receiver (ex-Bengal anyhow) front, lets take a look at the latest from the pony-tailed T.J Houshmanzadeh (championship!). T.J is apparently boycotting Madden '10 because he is unhappy with his 91 player rating. He went on to say, "I'm going to miss not playing it, but until they do me right, I'm not playing it any more." Why are receivers the biggest divas in all pro sports? If you ask me a 91 is a fairly good ranking, not to mention I believe Madden was scaling back all of their rankings to make superstars more valuable...

*Former UFC fighter Kimo Leopoldo is not dead, I repeat, not dead. Rumors surfaced on the Internet about the death of Kimo, and was later "confirmed" by various sources. It turns out Kimo was not dead after he told Yahoo! Sports in a phone interview, “I knew I wasn’t dead,” No Kimo, you are indeed not dead, just incredibly stupid.

*NBA movement around the league.
Pudgy Sean May signed with the Kings.
Skeleton Matt Barnes signed with the Magic.
Jarret Jack signed with the Raptors.
Odom is still undecided.
Andre Miller may be on the move, likewise with Big Baby Davis.
Steve Nash will rot away his career in Phoenix. Given Nash's age, I can't imagine them making another huge run after totally breaking down the team.

*JP Losman has officially signed with the UFL and Las Vegas to team with Jim Fassel. What a marriage this should turn out to be. The funny thing is that Losman (unless Vick ends up here) is being called the poster boy for the UFL. I don't know if this is sadder for J.P or the UFL.






1 comment:

  1. Sad for both. They both suck equally as bad. Losman wouldnt sign with Denver cause he knew he couldnt even beat out Orton at QB. Now he gets to compete with some fellow overhyped QB's and maybe some D3 prospects. Jim Drunkemiller anyone?

    ReplyDelete