Friday, November 13, 2009

Weekend Games

Well the NFL Network has to be depressed at the game it handed folks last night (At least we get Miami @ Carolina next Thursday...yuck). Do not tell me just because it was close that it was a good game. It was a horrible football game between two lousy teams. Mike Singletary coaching against his new team? Who cares. It is a joke of how bad of a QB Jay Cutler is. This guy has won nothing in his life and has been the definition of mediocrity, but he was anointed the second coming this off season after crying his way out of Denver. Just because a QB has a rocket arm doesn't mean he is good. I swear, every time he drops back you almost expect a pick. 5 INT's for this man last night against a Nate Clementless 49ers secondary. Some of the picks he threw were just god awful. I don't mind a QB taking chances, in fact I would love if the QB of the Bills actually flung the ball around a little a la JP Losman. Cutler managed to throw about 3 horrible interceptions that no one reading this article throws. Triple Coverage, man blanketed, fires it straight to a 49er. I think two of his picks weren't his fault - one was pass interference and the other Hester tripped, but good lord. Well at least Chicago didn't do anything drastic like sign him to a $55M dollar extension after a .500 start......OOOPS.


On to this weekend's games:



New Orleans Saints -14 @ St. Louis Rams.
Blah. Rams stink, though Steven Jackson is quietly putting together the greatest season ever on a horrible team. He just kills himself for 100 yards a game when the whole world knows they are just going to run all day. Poor guy. Saints continue to roll I have to assume.



Jacksonville Jaguars +7 @ NY Jets
I think the Jets stink. I think the Jaguars stink. I think Maurice Jones-Drew is legit. I think the Jets defense has quited its talking ways and Kris Jenkins out has made them softer. I think I like the Jags to win, but I definitely think I like them getting 7.


Buffalo Bills +7 @ Tennessee Titans
Lets name the Buffalo Bills greatest weakness (and yes I can only choose one). Stopping the Run. Lets name the Titans greatest strength (outside of benching Kerry Collins). Running the ball with Chris Johnson. Potentially no TO this week for the bills, Edwards returns (big wahoo). Vince Young wins ballgames. Remember the Titans.


Detroit Lions +17 @ Minnesota Vikings
Strange feeling here but the Lions cover. Vikings win, but Lions Cover. My Logic- none.


Cincinnati Bengals +7 @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Learned a nugget from Brandon Lang this morning listening to the Junkies. Lang has been terrible this season, but he is 10-2 in his last 12 plays so maybe heating up. Anyways, the stat is that the Dog in the Bengals games this season has covered every week. I ride the trend, Bengals keep it close, Steelers probably win. Chad ocho sprays mustard packages over Heinz Field.


Tampa Bay Buccs +10 @ Miami Dolphins
J. Freeman has made me a believer after one week. The buccs are terrible against the pass...which happens to be the Dolphins weakness. Look for a lot of Wildcat, but I think the Buccs are finding out how to play. Dolphins win, Buccs score a late TD to cover.


Broncos -4 @ Washington Redskins.
Never bet the skins. Never.


Chiefs +2 @ Oaktown Raiders.
Raiders do not lay points to anyone. Take the Homophobic Chiefs to win on the road. Love Dogs.


Seattle Seahawks +9 @ Arizona Cardinals
Can we move the NFC West to the UFL already. Like the Cardinals here. No analysis allowed for NFC West games.


Dallas Cowboys -3 @ Green Bay Packers
Big game. Are the Boys finding their swagger. Maybe maybe not, but the win in philly last week sure was impressive. I don't like this packer team, and have always had a soft spot for Tony Romo. I take the Cowboys here to win some games before it gets too cold and Romo has his annual meltdown.


Eagles +1 @ San Diego Chargers.
Chargers escaped the Meadowlands last week with a last minute W, I think the Eagles are the better team though. Westbrook should be healthy and him and LT can battle it out for the fading former pro-bowlers with no knees award. I take Philly . Fly Eagles Fly.


New England Patriots +3 @ Indianapolis Colts
Colts just struggled against the pathetic 49ers at home coming of the bye. They then should have at the very least won in OT vs the Texans who missed a fg as time expired last week. I hate it, but how many times are the New England Patriots getting points. Too much value for me. I take Tom Brady and the points. New England has been Peyton's Daddy.


Ravens -11 @ Cleveland Browns
Brady Quinn is back...its about time. Let him finish out the season and see what you got in this guy. I still think he can be a good qb...give the guy a chance. He won't get much done this Monday though. Ravens should roll and Flacco and crew should stomp the Brownies.


And I just looked at my picks and realized I like about every Away team. Not a good sign.

1 comment:

  1. Missing from this piece: A comparison between the startling similarities of Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler.

    Main disagreements are Indy, GB and Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete